Please note that you must interview in every area you apply to. Please do not apply to an area that you are not willing to go to for an interview and be able to relocate to, if offered a position. You must be able to provide the following:
Complete and return the application form when you get it along with the following items:
· Complete and return the application form when you get it along with the following items
· Be a minimum of 18 years of age and provide a copy of your birth certificate.
· Provide official high school transcript(s) or GED and college or technical school transcripts, showing courses and grades.
· Provide proof of one full credit of high school algebra or one post high school algebra course with a passing grade.
· Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if veteran status applies and you wish to receive consideration for such training/experience.
· If you have previous electrical construction work experience, we will need verification of your hours from the contractor(s) in order to award previous experience credit.
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. You will be required to present your drivers license at the time of the interview, please submit a copy with your application
NOTE: At this time there is not an aptitude test for applicants.
We must receive applications and all required documentation by the application deadline to qualify for that interview. An interview will be held in each area independent of the other areas. If you are interested in more than one area, you must submit an application for EACH area and you will interview in EACH area. (For example, if you apply to Fargo and Minot, you will need to be in Minot, ND on that interview date AND in Fargo, ND for an interview there.)
Once the interviews are over, each qualifying interviewee will be placed on an employment list. When a contractor requires a new employee, the next name on the employment list will be placed to work and indentured into the JATC program. This program is a five year on-the-job training program where students are taught the trade while actually working it. Apprentices are also required to attend class one night a week from September to May offered at no charge through the JATC program. Although there is not a charge for the classes, there is a yearly book fee of about $560 (based on the 2015-16 year) due by the first day of classes.
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact the office at 701-297-5934 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Geographical Area Covered: States of North Dakota, South Dakota, with the exception of the southern halves of Yankton, Clay, and Union counties; and the following counties in Minnesota: Kittson, Roseau, Marshall, Pennington, Red Lake, Polk, Norman, Mahnomen, Clay, Becker, Wilkin, Ottertail, Grant, Douglas, Pipestone, Murray, Rock, Nobles, and Traverse. View maps here.